Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Is there a difference?

When you are presenting a training class, do you approach the material differently if the class is for certification verses continuing education classes?

Speaking for myself, I want to make sure that I am the subject matter expert in the room when I am presenting a class. If the class is for certification, such as Firefighter 1 or Driver Operator, we as instructors neeed to make sure that we are presenting all of the information in a manner that the students are prepared for the examination. Of course we want to make the class an enjoyable learning environment. The biggest challenge for me is making sure that all of the learning objectives are covered well enough that I give the students the greatest chance for success when performing the certification exams.

When teaching continuing education classes, I feel like I have more latitude to explore the subject matter, and have more fun in class.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post. Once I see nothing potentially offensive, and make sure it fits with the message of this blog, I will post for all to see your fine comments. Thanks.