Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goal Setting...

Cowboy Logic: "If you’re doing what everyone else is doing, you will never be better than average.”

I think it is natural to start the new year with resolutions, which are nothing more than goals. Some set resolutions to loose weight, quit something, etc. Many of these resolutions are quit before we ever get started, or within a week. I wonder why we give up so easy on these resolutions. It makes me think about other things in our life that we do that involve goal setting.

When we respond to an incident, we set a goal. We typically call it a strategy. Do we abandon our strategy and pack up our gear when the incident gets difficult or things aren't going our way? NO! We make adjustments, evaluate our priorities and keep on working to mitigate the incident.

So as the Cowboy Logic states, we can keep doing what everyone else is doing, or begin to do what others won't do.

Some of my goals for this year:
Complete 100 Push-ups ( I haven't done this since 1998)
Complete 5 Pull-ups ( I've never done this)
Lose 4 Inches off my waist
Write meaningful articles for this blog
Seek out others that want to do something meaningful this year



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post. Once I see nothing potentially offensive, and make sure it fits with the message of this blog, I will post for all to see your fine comments. Thanks.