Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Consistancy Matters

I am currently reading Mentoring Matters by Tom Osborne. Many college football fans will recognize Tom Osborn as the long time football coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. In addition to his illustrious coaching career, he founded the Teammates Mentoring Program, which is a program for mentoring at risk youth.

The quote that jumped out at me this morning is this.... "It is always disconcerting to people when their leader is erratic, up one day and down the next, constantly changing goals and plans, treating people differently depending on how the leader feels."

Many of us have probably experience leaders like this, but we must reflect on ourselves to ensure that we remain consistent with how how we treat our people and the expectations we have for ourselves and the others we lead. I have failed many times at this, but it is something that I try to do be aware of always. I know the older I get, the better I get at being consistent.

On a little side note... This book was a bit of divine intervention. I found it by accident when shopping at Sams Club. It was completely out of place when I saw it. I looked around to see where it was supposed to be, and it was not easy to find. I figure that God really wanted me to see and buy this book, so I did.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post. Once I see nothing potentially offensive, and make sure it fits with the message of this blog, I will post for all to see your fine comments. Thanks.