Sunday, February 14, 2016

26th Annual Les Lukert Winter Conference



The 26th Annual Les Lukert Winter Conference hosted by the Nebraska Society of Fire Service Instructors wrapped up on February 7th. Wow, what an inspirational experience again. Of course the Instructors were outstanding and provided timely and relevant content to about 170 firefighters.
I think it goes without saying that the opportunity to fellowship with brother and sister firefighters is always fantastic. We had firefighters from across Nebraska, and even had 3 drive in from Tennessee for a second year in a row.
One of the highlights this year was that the Leadership Banquet held on Saturday evening was awesome. Prior to our keynote speaker taking the stage, the banquet was renamed to honor two of our founding members, Bill and Cindy Meehan. Bill and Cindy have impacted firefighters from across the state, and continue to support our fantastic conference.
The banquet keynote was delivered by Tiger Schmittendorf. The message was both uplifting and engaging.
As we prepare for the 27th Annual Les Lukert Winter Conference I am excited to see what we can come up with to top the last.
On a little side note, I will be going to FDIC this year. It is hard to believe that I have never attended FDIC, but it is true. I am getting more excited every day. I think I will have to do a little writing on that soon.
Best wishes and stay safe.
Mike Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post. Once I see nothing potentially offensive, and make sure it fits with the message of this blog, I will post for all to see your fine comments. Thanks.