Friday, December 28, 2012

Interesting Training Opportunity

“Fire Engineering University is changing the way fire service professionals approach continuing education. Our goal is to provide you with relevant, topical educational content that is easily accessible.”
 I think this is an interesting training approach in this time of limited budgets. For those of us trying to stay current on the issues surrounding the fire and emergency services, this could prove to be a valuable resource. Anytime we can find current useful information I think we should take advantage of it and share it with everyone else out there.  I would rather have the face to face interaction of the classroom; however it just isn’t always possible these days it seems. I am adapting my learning to take advantage of the online webinars, articles etc. This whole “interweb” thing looks like it isn’t going away, so I suppose we should all look for ways to embrace it.
I also know that there is a lot of bogus information being put on the internet, since anyone with a website or blog is an "expert" these days. And yes, I have a blog....
What are your thoughts on this approach to continuing education? What other training are you finding useful on the internet? Please leave your responses in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this post. Once I see nothing potentially offensive, and make sure it fits with the message of this blog, I will post for all to see your fine comments. Thanks.